Originally posted by BittyCollector:
"Does anyone know why paypal does this?"If it is happening when people go thru ebays check out to paypal it prob is not paypal but your ebay settings.On the sell your item form,on the Enter Payment and Shipping Page Go down to Shipping and Sales Tax right above Return Policy it says Sales Tax,under that it either says This seller does not charge sales tax change or there is a drop down box and a place to put a percent(if you don't want to charge tax at all those should be blank)
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That is what I have e-bay set on. When people put they are paying by Money Order, it doesnt add it into their total. I cant figure it out. I have to call paypal becasue I dont want to get in trouble by the state for collecting tax, when I really am not.